Preventive care includes follow-up appointments (oral health and update) and scaling (eliminate accumulated tartar).
Because your long-term oral health is important to us (and also because we want to see you again!), we recommend preventive follow-ups to all of the clinic’s existing patients. At Sourire Concept, such treatments are divided into two parts: follow-ups and scaling. The follow-up appointment is to ensure that your oral health has not deteriorated since your last visit. We update your file and X-rays are taken if necessary, or if you are at risk of developing certain diseases. As your mouth and teeth are parts of the body commonly used, they tend to wear out quickly. The goal is to detect and treat the pathology as soon as possible to avoid complications. Descaling is used to eliminate tartar and bacteria that have accumulated since your last preventive follow-up, despite rigorous brushing and the daily use of floss.
- Frequency: variable (every 3, 4, 6, 9 or 12 months), depending on the patient’s oral health status and risk factors.
- The dental hygienist collects information and takes X-rays as required by the dentist.
- During the scaling procedure, the dentist will proceed with the follow-up.
Advantages of Preventive Care
Preventive care allows:
- To maintain good oral health,
- To ensure the updating of your file,
- To prevent oral diseases, such as gingivitis and periodontitis, and
- To detect and treat problems as they arise, thus avoiding complications, which can be very costly and difficult to treat.