Implants are a versatile and ideal solution to replacing one or several missing teeth allowing for a more beautiful smile.
To replace the missing teeth, the dentists at Sourire Concept favor implantology. With more than 20 years of experience in the field, we are experts in implantology. Our greatest reward is seeing how much we have changed the lives of many or our patients by providing them with a sense of well-being and a smile they are proud of.
With dental implants, since the natural root of the tooth is non-existent, an artificial root made of titanium metal is inserted into the jaw on which a false tooth is then placed. The number of implants, their position, the proximity of the anatomical structures of the jaws, the state of health and the requirements of each patient are all factors to consider when creating a treatment plan. When more than one tooth or all of the teeth are missing, several implants are used. They can support crowns, bridges, partial or complete prostheses, screwed or “clipped”, or a combination of both. Implantology is considered an art in dentistry, a specific branch of dentistry that we have perfected over time. Let us take care of your smile!
- Your dentist will examine your mouth and then will take X-rays of your head, jaw and teeth to determine if an dental implant is the appropriate option for you. Once the proper diagnosis has been made, the procedure will require several appointments.
- Firstly, your dentist inserts a dental implant into the bone of the jaw and then stitches the gum tissue. During the healing process, which may take several months, the implant will integrate with the bone.
- Secondly, once the tissue has healed, the dentist attaches an abutment to the dental implant, which connects the replacement tooth to the dental implant. This and the previous step can sometimes be performed in a single appointment.
- Finally, the dentist attaches the replacement tooth to the abutment. For a perfect fit, several appointments may be required.
- Where several teeth or all of the teeth must be replaced, a bridge or a partial or complete prosthesis is held in place on the dental implants.
Advantages of a Dental Implant
An Dental implant:
- Allows for better chewing abilities,
- Looks like a real tooth,
- Is a permanent solution,
- Slows down and stops the physiological bone loss in the case of missing teeth, and
- Does not damage the teeth next to the gap by filing them down for a bridge.